Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jump with your fears headfirst


sitting on the 'throne' getting my ankles strapped in

As my toes were wiggling over the edge of the platform and I was asked to bring my arms down to my side to get ready for the count down, I had a brief moment of wanting to turn around and walk back down the wooden steps I previously scampered up.  The guide had his hand on my shoulder to keep my balance while I tried not to look down.  Recognizing my doubt he said “don’t think about it, thinking and bungee jumping don’t go well together” and with that advice I left all my fears behind on the platform and jumped forward over the Nile River.  I fell down about 400 ft. looking directly at the calm beauty of Mother Nature only to later that afternoon feel her power and strength in the rapids. 




Africa always wins



I was in awe of Uganda’s beauty this weekend.  Never before have I seen such green green’s and red red’s.  The colors of Uganda could not have been mixed more vibrantly on a palette. 

Overall my weekend trip to Uganda went like this: 34 hours on a bus, 11 awesome people, 4 days, 3 countries, 1 ridiculous experience 

oh yeah and 1 man selling chicken sticks on the bus....
brilliant

1 comment:

  1. BBQ, Rapids and Bungee jumping NOW that's the way to see Africa ! Really enjoying your blog - your writing makes you feel like you are right there with you. Take care

    ReplyDelete